Tough, Timeless StyleMetal roofing has a long history and a bright future as a roofing option on residential and commercial buildings. The earliest metal roofs were “standing seam” roofs that skilled contractors fabricated on site from large rolls of sheet metal. These days, most new metal roofs come in the form of factory-made steel panels.
Metal Roofing From 1st Class Roofing, Inc.
At 1st Class Roofing, Inc., we install Gulf Coast metal roofing products because they are specially designed for homes exposed to sea air. With dozens of attractive, fade-resistant colors to choose from, you’ll find a Gulf Coast metal roof that will perfectly complement your home’s style.
The Many Benefits of Metal Roofing
Homeowners are increasingly turning to metal for modern, durable roofing. In addition to their aesthetic appeal, metal roofs also offer the following benefits.
- Longevity: Metal roofs can last between 40-70 years, depending on the kind of metal. That’s two to three times as long as an asphalt shingle roof!
- Durability: Some metal roofs can sustain wind gusts up to 140 miles per hour, the equivalent of a Category 4 hurricane. If properly maintained, metal roofs will not corrode or crack and are remarkably impact-resistant.
- Energy efficiency: Metal roofs reflect solar radiant heat, which can reduce cooling costs by 10-25%.
- Environmentally-friendly: Metal roofs are largely made of recycled materials and can be recycled at the end of their service life, sparing them from the landfill.
- Safety: It’s not true that metal roofs attract more lightning than other materials, but if struck by lightning, metal roofs will not catch fire.